HOW TO DONATE ORGANS


Hi All

I know this blog must be bit confusing for all you sql geeks , but I thought as I have good numbers of readers now so might be I can influence you all for some good.

I always wish to donate my organs after death but didn't know how this could be possible. Today I was searching for same on internet and I found Mohan Foundation . I must say its a great initiative in INDIA because you will rarely find other online WORKING websites.


If any one of you have also want to donate your organs after death, getting donor card must be a good initiative. To get DONOR card

Go to this link : Register for Organ Donor Card
Toll Free Organ Donation Helpline - 1800 4193737  


You will get similar window as below:


You have to fill this form and submit. Once you click submit you will get your donor card @ your screen. You have to take print out of same and keep in your purse. In case we lost our life in some misshape . Emergency team can get our donor card in our purse and this can save some ones life too.

Below is My donor card



Don't forget to tell your parents and family about your wish and also encourage them for same.

One more thing I want to request , if you register for donor card , Please add your name in comments. This might come as motivation for many others to do or motivate others.


Religious Views:

Hinduism: "It is said that the soul is invisible, knowing this you should not grieve for the body." Daan is the act of selfless giving. - Bhagvad Gita, Chapter2:25

Sikhism: "The dead sustain their bond with the living through virtuous deeds". -Guru Nanak, Guru Granth Sahib, p 143.

Islam: "Whosoever saves the life of one person would be as if he saved the life of all mankind". - Holy Quran, chapter 5:32

Christianity: Sacrifice and helping others are consistent themes in Christianity, which teaches the principle of seeking for others what you hope others would do for you. Teaching of Jesus Christ: - ".. Freely you have received, freely give." - Mathew, chapter 10:8 


Myths About Organ Donation:

Myth 1: I am too old to be a donor
Myth 2: I cannot be a donor because I have an existing medical condition
Myth 3: My organs might not go to those who’ve waited the longest or are the neediest
Myth 4: If I donate my organs it will cause delays to my funeral arrangements
Myth 5: Organ donation will leave my body disfigured
Myth 6: My family will not get to see my body after donation 
Myth 7: If I am declared brain dead I might still have some chances of coming back to life 
Myth 8: My decision to be an organ donor will affect my medical care
Myth 9: My religion does not support the idea of organ donation 
Myth 10: It is enough if I have a donor card 
Myth 11: Once I become an organ donor I can never change my mind 

 http://www.transweb.org/myths/myths.shtml
There are many more for those who don't want to donate 


Facts:
1. In India there are 49,481 births and 14,475 deaths per day whereas we have only 50 donors per year per million.
2. If we get 1000 donors per million, This should take care of almost all current demands for organs.
3. If we get 3000 donors per million,  we could take care of all SAARC countries demand for organs
4. As of June 21, 2013, there are 118,617 people waiting for life-saving organ transplants in the U.S. only
5. The demand for organs significantly surpasses the number of donors everywhere in the world.
6.  A patient with kidney failure can at least live with dialysis till an organ becomes available but for a patient with liver or heart failure; the only hope of living maybe to have an immediate transplant
7. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Punjab/Ludhiana/Patient-s-kin-hesitant-of-organ-donation-due-to-lack-of-awareness-myths/SP-Article1-1102873.aspx
8. http://www.mohanfoundation.org/organ-donation-transplant-resources/tribulations-triumphs-indian-perspective.asp 



FIGURES: (Based on the data available on Web)

Andhra Pradesh Organ Donation Statistics Jan - Dec'11

Tamil Nadu Organ Donation Statistics

NCR Organ Donation Statistics




11 comments:

  1. Good Initiative !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2 Registered !!
    Thanks for all the motivational info

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, its noble initiative, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Guyz for registering. This initiative will be worth only if you all register. Please also mark comment here once you register

    ReplyDelete
  5. its really good initiative. I have registered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good deeds always pay off

    ReplyDelete
  7. The previously mentioned matter is anything but difficult to comprehend as well as clarify. Indeed, even I can expound subject of this article now effortlessly on the grounds that I it is straightforward for me. Truly an inventive master aptitude controlled by creator. save elephants sri lanka

    ReplyDelete