SQL 2014 Enterprise Editions
- Enhanced high availability: Gain greater uptime, faster failover, improved manageability, and better use of hardware resources through AlwaysOn for high availability. AlwaysOn provides up to four active, readable secondaries, greater online operations, and an integrated dashboard for managing high availability.
- In-memory performance: Enable breakthrough performance across data warehousing, analytics, and business intelligence. In-memory capabilities are built right into the SQL Server database and analytics engines for flexibility and ease of use.
- Enterprise scalability: Achieve high scale in traditional on-premises as well as highly virtualized deployments with Windows Server 2012 R2. Physical processing can scale up to 640 logical processors and virtual machines scale up to 64 logical processors with 1 TB of RAM.
- Self-service business intelligence: Unlock new insights via Power View, a highly interactive data exploration and visualization tool for business analysts and end users. Power View supports visualization for both the tabular and multi-dimensional analytical models.
- Robust data quality: Improve data quality by using organizational knowledge and 3rd party reference data providers to profile, cleanse, and match data through Data Quality Services.
- Enhanced security: Increase manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering, user-defined audit, and the ability to audit actions across all editions.
SQL 2014 Developer Editions
Usability: All Enterprise features at very low price, can be used for non prod servers only.
Cost: This edition was available @ price 2885.0/- at this link
SQL 2014 Enterprise Evaluation Editions
Validity: All Enterprise feature are free for 180 days trial period.
COST: This edition can be downloaded freely from
SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition
- Basic availability and disaster recovery: Standard edition includes two-node failover clustering, log shipping, and peer to peer replication. Move a logical copy of SQL Server databases directly to Microsoft Azure SQL Database for more cost-effective and fully redundant data protection options.
- Support for compliance: Easily manage permissions around data access including user-defined server roles to support separation of duties and contained database authentication. Help increase manageability and decrease complexity of database schema through new default schema for groups that allows a default database schema for Windows group user accounts.
- Reporting and analytics: Support for multi-dimensional models allows IT to build business logic with Reporting Services. Report Builder 3.0 provides an intuitive report authoring environment. Take advantage of SQL Server predictive analytics in Excel and Visio with the SQL Server Data Mining add-in.
- Rich data integration: Integrate data from disparate sources with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), which includes support for the deployment and administration of ETL tasks such as better tracking of SSIS packet status and the ability to run administration as a separate SQL Server instance.
- Improved manageability: SQL Server Management Studio and updated management packs for System Center help you centrally manage your infrastructure. Added support for Windows PowerShell 2.0 automates management tasks, and enhancements to Sys Prep help you more efficiently create virtual machines.
- Robust development tools: With SQL Server Data Tools, database development is integrated into Visual Studio and/or available for download to support building next-generation web, enterprise, business intelligence and data-aware mobile applications across on-premises and public cloud.
- Rich support for content management: FileTable in SQL Server makes it easier to manage content into FILESTREAM blob storage. Improvements to full-text indexing yield better performance and search functionality. Statistical semantic search technology supports automatic concept extraction and innovative key phrase search options.
- Extend any data, anywhere: SQL Server supports relational and non-relational data, including Big Data sources like Hadoop. Customers can extend heterogeneous environments using industry standard APIs (ADO.NET, ODBC, JDBC, PDO, and ADO) across varied platforms including .NET, C/C++, Java, Linux, and PHP.
SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence
- Rapid data exploration and visualization: Discover new insights at the speed of thought with Power View, an interactive, browser-based data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience. Power Pivot helps users access and mash-up data from virtually any source, including Big Data using familiar tools.
- High performance analytics: Our in-memory analytics engine provides a generational leap in performance while allowing an interaction with an unprecedented amount of data. In-memory capabilities are built right into the SQL Server analytics engines for flexibility and ease of use.
- Credible, consistent data: IT can better control and manage data through a BI Semantic Model, which provides consistent view across heterogeneous data sources, and enhancements to SQL Server Integration Services.
- Robust data quality: Improve data quality by using organizational knowledge and 3rd party reference data providers to profile, cleanse, and match data.
- Master data management: Maintain master data across the organization structures used for object mapping, reference data, and metadata management.
- Basic availability, security and data management: Business Intelligence edition also includes the core database capabilities of SQL Server Standard for departmental applications including Windows Server core support and user-defined roles for setting up separation of duties.
SQL Server 2014 Express Edition -->Download
- SQL Server Express with Tools: This package contains the core SQL Server database along with the tools to manage SQL Server instances including SQL Server Express, LocalDB, and SQL Azure. If you need Reporting Services or Full text search, use SQL Server Express with Advanced Services.
- SQL Server Management Studio: This package does not contain the SQL Server database, only the tools to manage SQL Server instances, including LocalDB, SQL Express, SQL Azure, etc. Use this if you already have the SQL Server database and only need the management tools.
- SQL Server Express LocalDB (MSI installer): Do you need to embed SQL Server Express into an application? LocalDB is a lightweight version of Express that has all its programmability features yet runs in user mode and has a fast, zero-configuration installation. No management tools are included.
- SQL Server Express with Advanced Services: Experience the full feature set of SQL Server Express. This package contains the database engine, Express Tools, Reporting Services, Full Text Search, management tools, and all the components of SQL Server Express. This package is a larger size and will take longer to download.
- SQL Server Express: Do you already have the tools and just need the database server? This is the core Express database server. Use this if you need to accept remote connections or administer remotely and do not need the tools or advanced services.