Windows update can't check for updates because the service is not running

Patching does have its own issues, hard to predict

 This time I was doing windows updates

Control panel --> System and security --> Windows update -->check for updates




And when I click for updates , An error popped up

Error : Windows update can't check for updates because the service is not running

So how to trouble shoot ???

Its Easy  go to settings / Control pannel-->  Trouble shooting --> System and security -->  And here we can run package to fix this.

In my case , folder was empty like below




I check couple of sql services
  1. Windows update  --> Already running
  2. Windows installer  --> Already running


So as final resolution I rebooted my server and when again tried same , Its fixed

No comments:

Post a Comment